Counsellors and Family Support Professionals
Relationships Australia has been helping Australians build resilient and positive relationships for over 60 years. One of the first people Australians may speak to about relationship issues is a counsellor or family support professional.
As a counsellor you may wish to refer your clients to our specialised counselling and support services. We offer:
- Counselling for individuals, couples and families
- Telephone and online counselling
- Relationship and parenting skills education
- Children and adolescent services
- Telephone dispute resolution and mediation
- Services for separating families through Family Relationship Centres
- Family dispute resolution
- Children’s contact services for separated parents
- Family safety programs
- Aftercare services for young people leaving care
- Humanitarian entrants program
- Aboriginal Counselling Service and partnership programs for Indigenous communities
- Employee Assistance Programs for companies
- Training, seminars and supervision for family support professionals.
Our services are available to individuals, couples or families who are dealing with issues central to their lives: whether beginning a new relationship, having relationship difficulties or ending a relationship. Our services are for people from all walks of life, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or income.
Relationships Australia (NSW) also provides training and development courses for professionals seeking to acquire or enhance their skills to provide relationship support services.
We have an experienced team of practitioners who are highly qualified from fields including social work, psychology, counselling, education and law. We also provide specialist services staffed by counselors who have extensive expertise in couple and family therapy, at-risk adolescents, families who have experienced family violence, child protection issues, adults who as children have been in out-of-home care, and complex post-separation issues.
We also provide counseling services to organisations via employment assistance programs.
All our services offer the highest degree of confidentiality the law allows and are conducted in accordance with all child protection, family law and privacy legislation. Our practitioners are clinically supervised and are required to participate in ongoing training and professional development.
Fees for service are based on a sliding scale fee according to family income. This will be discussed with the client when they make an appointment.
To refer a client to Relationships Australia please phone 1300 364 277 or ask them to call us directly. When a client contacts us, our intake officer will ask for details about their situation and they will be offered an appointment with one of our family consultants.
To find out more, or to book an appointment call us on 1300 364 277.