As a professional working in the education sector you may come into contact with students of all ages and life stages who may be experiencing personal or family difficulties. These issues can impact on the student’s education and well being. Relationships Australia provides relationship support services and programs to assist students and their families to build resilient and positive relationships.
We also work in partnership with schools, pre-schools and other educational institutions to provide seminars and courses for parents, workshops for children and young people and professional support to individuals or teams in their workplace.
- Counselling for individuals, couples and families (telephone and online counselling available)
- Relationship education (including courses and workshops for parents, couples, children, young people and families)
- Child and adolescent services
- Family dispute resolution (including by telephone)
- Services for separating families
- Children’s contact services for separated parents
- Family safety programs (where families have experienced domestic family violence)
- Aftercare services for young people leaving care
- Services for Humanitarian Entrants
- Aboriginal Counselling Service and partnership programs for Indigenous communities
- Employee Assistance Programs for companies
- Training, seminars and supervision for family support professionals
- Professional training and development
- Online bookshop and access to our comprehensive library.
To refer clients to our services, please give them our central phone number 1300 364 277 and their call will be diverted to the centre closest to them. The client will be asked a few questions by our front line staff on the telephone or in person. This is to ensure there are no safety issues in setting up the appointment. The client will then be given the first available appointment.
A medical referral is not required to access our services.
There is a sliding scale of fees for counselling and group programs based on household income and capacity to pay.
For those clients accessing our Family Relationship Centres they will only be charged a fee after they have received three hours of joint family dispute resolution.
When clients make contact with Relationships Australia they will be offered services appropriate to their situation. Generally this will be an appointment to see a counsellor. All our counsellors are well-trained and skilful professionals, who are dedicated to providing your clients with the highest standard of relationship counselling. Sessions are confidential, with the exception of mandatory reporting of harm to children.
Since relationship counselling deals with highly personal matters, we do not routinely send reports to other professionals. However, with the consent of our clients, there are occasions when such reports are made.
Clients can contact us directly on 1300 364 277 to make an appointment. The call will be automatically directed to their nearest Relationships Australia office.
Our office hours are 9 – 5 weekdays as well as evenings and Saturdays in some locations.
Our offices are listed in the Contact Us section of the site.
To find out more about our services please visit the Our Services section of our website